Date(s) - 19/06/2016
10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Mile End Park
We would like to invite you, your friends and family to join us at a Family Fun Day at Mile End Park on Sunday 19th June 2016 from 10:00am to help us make it Around the World in a Day. Bring your friends, your family and your best fancy dress outfits for this fantastic event!
Contribute your kilometres to our campaign target of 40,075km by signing up to our 5K Fun Run around Mile End Park. We firmly believe that fancy dress on the theme of Around the World will help you achieve your PB and will hand out a prize for the best costume.
Younger globe-trotters can participate in a 1K activity walk called Walk Around the World. Like the adults, fancy dress on the theme of Around the World is encouraged, the brighter the better to win a prize.
In honour of Father’s Day we will also be holding a 3-legged Father-Child Race at 12:30pm with the chance to win a meal for 4 at DoubleTree by Hilton Hyde Park so don’t forget to stay for that!
After the walk and run, enjoy a picnic lunch and join in the games, face-painting and fun galore. We have an ice cream van, toys, jewellery and a raffle with the chance to win a holiday in Tokyo!
The entrance to the event is free, and tickets are £5 per entry to the Fun Run or Walk Around the World – you can bring as many supporters as you like! All ages and abilities are warmly welcomed to join in the fun.
All participants will receive a medal and a personalised certificate, to be collected at the event. You can also buy a T shirt for £5 for collection on the day.
In addition to a fun and active day, Around the World in a Day also aims to go the extra mile for our communities. There are no minimum fundraising targets but we would love you to collect sponsorship as part of your participation in this event. Entry fees help cover the cost of holding the event but fundraising will help us and our event partner, Evelina London Children’s Hospital, improve the health and education of more young people.
- 10am – Registration for run
- 11am – Warm up
- 11.15am – 5k Fun Run and 1k Activity Walk
- 12 noon – Activities start: face painting, coconut shy, beat the goalie, selfie station and many more!
- 12.15pm – Three Legged Race!
- 1pm – Fancy Dress competition and judging
- 2pm – Close
We are asking participants to aim for a sponsorship target of £100 for adults and £50 for children. These funds will go a long way to supporting the health and education of young people when they need it most. To find out how your funds will make a difference, please visit How your money helps and AWD Official Charities.
You can also visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information about how to reach us and other information about the event.
We look forward to going Around the World in a Day with you!
Family Ticket – £20
- 2 x child entries to the 1km Walk Around the World with 2 accompanying adults
- 2 x entry to the 5K Fun Run
- 4 x Medals
- 4 x Personalised certificates (for the walkers and runners)
5K Fun Run – £5
- 1 x entry to the 5km walk (16+ only)
- 1 x Medal
- 1 x Personalised certificate
- *Please note that lunch is not included
Entry to Walk Around the World – £5
- 1 x child entry to the 1km walk with one accompanying adult
- 1 x Medal
- 1x Personalised certificate
- Please note that lunch is not included
Suggested donation – £5
- Please make a donation for each guest you bring to participate in Around the World in a Day, to help us cover event costs. Thank you.
Bookings are closed for this event.