Hilton London Gatwick Airport and The Crawley Observer teamed up with the Foundation to help us give away £5,000 to charities, big and small, in the Crawley area
Thanks to our dedicated supporters at Hilton London Gatwick Airport and their hard work throughout the year raising money to benefit local young people, we awarded grants to 7 local projects:
- Carers Support West Sussex received £840 towards its Young Carers Summer Camp 2019 where young people who care for another person will be able to enjoy new activities with other young people and develop their confidence.
- XIX Crawley Squadron RAF Air Cadets were awarded £540 for new uniforms, instruments and training for its pipes and drums music band.
- Golden Lion Children’s Trust will use its grant of £840 to hire a coach for two summer outings for local children in the Crawley area: a family day in Billingshurst and a family visit to a theme park.
- St Catherine’s Hospice received £600 to provide support and bereavement counselling for young people who have experienced the death of a close family member.
- RLSS/Crawley Town Lifesaving Club’s grant of £840 will support local children and young people to develop their skills as they train in life saving.
- Rockinghorse Children’s Charity were awarded £500 to provide therapeutic activities as part of ots mental health support programme for local young people to help reduce stress and anxiety and increase support networks and aspirations.
- Friends of Brooklands School received £840 towards an outdoor classroom for pupils with autism and learning disabilities which will provide a therapeutic environment for learning.
Thank you to Hilton London Gatwick Airport and The Crawley Observer for supporting our Gatwick £5K Giveaway and helping us to select the winning projects.