The Crawley Observer and Hilton London Gatwick Airport have teamed up with the Foundation to help us to give away £10,000 to charities big and small throughout the local area.
Running from 11th September 2017 to 13th October 2017, local charities, schools and clubs that help children across the area have the opportunity to apply for a share of £10,000.
The money was raised by our dedicated Foundation supporters at Hilton London Gatwick Airport, so we want to ensure that all of their hard work will go to benefit the young people in the local area. The Giveaway is aimed at helping those organisations who work hard to improve young lives, often with tight resources. With the help of the The Crawley Observer and the team at Hilton London Gatwick Airport, the Foundation will be able to identify local charities and causes that need our help.
Now in their 11th year, the Giveaways have seen more than £270,000 donated to 277 different local organisations. Outdoor learning, arts and crafts materials, travel costs, sports equipment, specialist and crisis counselling, therapy and cancer care, refurbishments and resource packs have all be funded through Giveaways, enabling more than 55,782 young people to benefit directly.
To apply for a share of the £10,000 Giveaway, the following criteria apply:
- You must be a registered charity or non-profit working in the Crawley area
- Your work must support children and/or young people between the ages of 0-25
- Individual children or families cannot be supported, grants are made to a charity
- Financial accounts must be available to accompany your application
- Your application must be received before the deadline of 5pm on 13th October 2017