To celebrate the 25th birthday of Hilton Glasgow, we held a special £25,000 Giveaway in partnership with Hilton Glasgow and Glasgow Live. We invited local charities, schools and clubs that help children and young people across the Glasgow area to apply for a share of £25,000.
Hilton Glasgow hosted a Foundation Ball on Saturday 16th September (more information can be found here), as part of their 25th birthday celebrations. Money raised at the event supported the Giveaway and the work of the Foundation.
A local panel including team members at Hilton Glasgow and Glasgow Live selected 10 local charities supporting young people in and around Glasgow to receive a share of £25,000.
The other projects supported in the Giveaway were:
- Calum’s Cabin received £1,300 for respite holidays at a holiday home on Bute for children suffering from cancer and cancer-related illnesses.
- Greater Easterhouse Alcohol Awareness Project was awarded £1,772 for resources to support the alcohol awareness programme delivered to primary children across the North East Glasgow
- Govanhill Baths Community Trust will use their award of £1,100 to provide swimming lessons to disadvantaged toddlers and children.
- Ypeople received £1,316 for a range of innovative group work resources, which will greatly enhance the social, emotional, behavioural and mental support of vulnerable children and young people.
- Street Soccer Foundation received £1,500 to deliver free weekly football sessions to local disadvantaged young people.
- Sapphire Gymnastics Academy was awarded £412 to buy a ‘rocking gym’.
- 125th Glasgow Boys’ Brigade will use £1,600 to purchase a large shed for all the sport equipment, and for ground work with slabs.