We are proud to support young people to achieve their potential and demonstrate the many things that they can do. To celebrate this, we held a special £20,000 Giveaway as part of our 2017 #IamABLE campaign. Here is the list of projects awarded grants:
- Action for Kids received £625 to deliver education, training and employment programmes for young people.
- Chailey Heritage Foundation in East Sussex will use £2,375 to purchase an EyeGaze computer to enable young people with complex physical disabilities to use a computer.
- Conquest Centre was awarded £3,000 to purchase and equip a new horse to deliver horse-based activity sessions for young people with disabilities and additional needs in Somerset.
- Eighteen and Under in Dundee received £2,500 to provide crisis drop in for young people who are being abused so that they can get instant access to help and support.
- Hywel Dda Health Charities received £1,750 to fund surf sessions as part of its Surf Therapy Programme for young people with mental health needs.
- Kilcooley Women’s Centre received £1,000 for its community-based childcare facility, Ladybirds, which supports children, some of whom have special educational needs, behavourial problems and speech and language problems, to help them reach their full potential.
- Marton Junior Youth Club in the North East will use £1,000 to install a safe even surface in its basketball area for local disadvantaged young people to play outside, improving their physical and mental wellbeing.
- MedEquip4Kids was awarded £1,250 to support its Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service in Lancashire.
- SAFE (Supporting Asperger Families in Essex) was awarded £2,000 to support its SAFE STUFF children’s club for 60 young people with Asperger’s Syndrome.
- St Anne’s Special School in the Republic of Ireland received £2,500 to purchase outdoor musical instruments for its new sensory garden for pupils aged 4-18 who have Autism Spectrum Disorder and learning disabilities.
- The Daisy Chain Co (Northampton) Ltd was awarded £2,000 to provide social and leisure activities for families of children with additional needs and their siblings to enjoy family time together.
The recipient projects were selected by our Giveaway panel made up of our supporters from across the UK and Republic of Ireland.